Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 73: I love the details!

I'm guessing I'm just like every other Miniaturist out there...I love the details.  
I thought today I would share some of the details of my most recent projects
I'm soo in love with these 2 outdoor lights, but I decided I want 4 outdoor lights (1 for on each side of the 2 windows) but I only have enough of the front bead to make 2, so they are made but won't be installed until I either find 2 more beads or I'll have to make 4 that match and save these 2 for a future project

I made this little flower holder from another jewelry department find, I think it will hang somewhere on the porch

These were my first 2 outside lights I made

Windchime

Espresso machine and drip tray

I used tooth picks for this bench that wraps around the railing upstairs at the book shop.
I love the dark flooring and distressed black

Next to the couch is a note book I made (and it was a pain in the butt!)
Along with a little decorative chair that started life as a charm

Using jewelry department and scrapbooking department finds (and a tiny amount of muslin) I created these window treatments.

A scrap of wainscoat and some tiny hooks from in the sewing department make a great potholder hook

Another "charm", alongside some of my favorite splurges from Chicago

I love bricks and I'm a huge fan of them as flooring here
I also love how the apron breathes life into the kitchen

Finally and this may seem like a strange picture, 
but I just love how the decking comes together here on the corner


Thanks for viewing some of my favorite details

2 comments:

  1. The outdoor lamps are wonderful! and the expresso machine is very unique.
    Love the deck also
    Hugs
    Diane
    http://myminiaturesjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details are very important. I like yours.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete