Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 72: Roofing....Who knew it could be soo difficult

The irony to my roofing dilemma is that when I started this project I thought it was going to be my quickest project completed, I THOUGHT I had everything I needed to do a Shabby Chic "thrifty" cottage.  I had this grand idea of making my own shingles with paint and sandpaper, well after a few DAYS of trying different ideas with that, I gave up!  
So I researched shingles and decided I liked these the best, and I figured I would do a white washed look on them, to flow with the rest of the look.  So I painted the roof underneath the shingles white, so it wouldn't show if there were any gaps. 

Then I actually started playing with the shingles and realized they should be more of a gray

Then the gray got darker



So I repainted the roof dark, but then realized the edges looked stupid as there was no texture or depth to it, so I grabbed this strip wood roll stuff I have and did the edges with that

And here are some pictures (in poor lighting because it's middle of the night so I can get no natural light and I'm leaving tomorrow so I don't have time to get a better shot :) 

Anyway, here is another exterior shot.  The roof still needs the ridge cap painted and installed, and I have many porch details...including a few hundred flowers that still need to be made :) 

Hope you enjoyed my roofing experience.  
The last 2 days at home working on this project were truly amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Great work! The roof is fantastic.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a real talent for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you express your views in this article. I am impressed by your writing style a lot. Thanks for making my experience more beautiful. Roofers Baltimore MD

    ReplyDelete