If you've seen day 49, you've seen Sophie's Books & Coffee.
That project started all because a swap group I belong to had a book swap one month and while laying in bed one night, unable to sleep (like MANY nights!) I had great inspiration to create a book, so I got one of my dollhouse books, scanned it in, sized it and printed it...and resized it and printed...and resized it and printed...and resized it and printed...and resized it and printed...and resized it and printed...and resized it and printed...and resized it and printed...
and sometime early the next morning I had the most awesomest book, then I got good at scanning and resizing and next thing I knew every book in my house was in 1:12 scale :) which got me thinking beyond my bookshelf in my room box I was also currently working on, and propelled me into Sophie's project.
This was my 1st full page of books I made. I printed this on regular photo paper, then cut them out, (I know they don't line up great for cutting purposes, but I hand cut them...and I learned a lot with every new page I made :) I folded them using a old scrapbooking tool I had, it gave a nice clean fold.
I found it quickest to cut lots, then fold lots, then fill...I guess assembly line style :)
The first few hundred I made I used balsa wood as filler, and used glue, which I then had to clothespin while the glue dried. Then I got smart and started to use cardboard and double stick tape. I would cut the cardboard in long strips (the correct height of the books I was working on) put double stick tape up and back on the cardboard, and then cut the size of the books. Then I just had to remove the backing of the tape and "insert" into the folded book. No glue to dry, no crinkled paper from the glue, and light weight.