Sunday, December 27, 2015

Day 117: I accomplished my goal for 2015!!!!!!!!

I set a goal for 2015 and that goal was to finish 
1 project in each of the scales I now work in, 
which are 1:12, 1:24, 1:48 and 1:144
and today I'm proud to say I've accomplished my goal! 

I'd like to share with you my 1st ever project in 1:24 scale.
I must for the sake of credit, tell you I did not paint the outside
of this house.  When I received the house, the siding of the house was painted red
and the 3 main walls were permanently in place, other than those
items, every thing else I did.


I've become a fan of adding outside landscaping
to give my projects more of a "complete"
feel, also, I'm incredibly in love with the
Porsche Cayenne in real life, but could never
fathom the real life price tag, so at least now
my 1:24 scale family can fulfill my Cayenne dream.



I realize this full picture of the interior isn't great, 
but I wanted to show the entire interior
in 1 shot so you get a feel for the layout
of the house.


I absolutely love how the kitchen turned out!
I could live in this kitchen!
I used kits from Petite Properties, which is one
of my favorite companies, I modified the refrigerated
to make it modern and used 4 lower cabinets
to create the huge center island. 
The barstools I purchased off Shapeways, they are 3D printed, 
I've used a few 3D printed items in the past, in 1:48
scale, and was equally as happy with how these
turned out.  I have almost the exact same ones in my real
like kitchen.  They took to being spray painted wonderfully.



The pot rack and overhead lighting (non working)
was created using beads and misc items from 
my stash. 




I ran into some issues wallpapering, being the 
3 main walls were permanently attached prior to 
wallpapering, it created some challenges, but it
did make me appreciate my normal process of finishing
the walls prior to putting walls together, so 
I guess appreciate is worth a few mistakes and imperfections.


I made the sectional couch from scratch, 
another 1st for me.  Again, I learned a few things, 
do we ever do anything without learning a better
way for next time...I hope not!



Working our way up stairs, is this little hallway/landing 
I like it's simplicity


The master bedroom


Again, I used beads to create some table lamps.



I'm incredibly in love with this little nursery.



Half of the attic is just that, an attic.
It is the only room in the house which isn't "Permanent"
as I may continue to add to it.  Since I've just
started in the 1:24 scale, I don't have a lot of "extra"
items to include in an attic, but I'm
guessing that is going to change!


Last, but certainly not least, is the teenage
daughters bedroom.



All in all, I have to say I sorta fell in love with 1:24 scale
thanks to this project and it really surprised me.
I recall almost 30 years ago going into a dollhouse
shop and seeing some items in 1:24 scale and thinking
how wrong they looked, and over the years
I never found it appealing, in fact when I purchased a massive lot
of dollhouse items over a year ago, and in that lot was 
2 houses with just the outsides painted and 1 kit still in the box, 
I had such little interest, that I sold the unopened kit for very little 
money, a decision I now regret.  But moving ahead, I 
have that 2nd house, which I've already repainted the exterior, 
and will be working on the interior in the coming year.

Hope you enjoyed this rather in-depth look into my 
1st 1:24 project and my goal accomplishment for 2015.

Happy New Year Mini-Folks!







3 comments:

  1. Jodi, like you for many years I thought that half inch scale seemed wrongly proportioned but in recent years I've fallen in love with it. I love what you've done with this house, what a great job! You've put lots of detail into it and made a very convincing house of it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful house! I ordered the Petite Properties kitchen cabinets because of your house. I love them. How did you do the counters if you don't mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janet!! Sorry for the delay.....I cut my own counter tops from basswood. 1st I make paper Templates so I can cut easily until I'm happy with them, then I cut then from basswood, then I just play with paint and sand paper until I like the look. It's all trial and error, but everytime I try something new, regardless if it works and I use it or not, I learn something ��

    ReplyDelete