Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 101: 1:144 and N & Z Scale projects

After many years of admiring 1:144 scale and then saying 
I'm never doing anything other than 1:12 scale....
well you saw (or maybe didn't see) 
Mae's Flower shop (1:48 scale shown on Day 90)  
that I did a few months back, that was my 1st (and still only) 
1:48 scale project I've ever done.  

I guess you could say "I changed my mind"
Or those darn adorable little projects and kits enticed me
to the point of purchase! (and probably madness :)

ANYWAY...I have though been working on some 1:144 projects, 
and since my supplies here were a bit tight, 
but I could get a hold of some train model kits, I also
did some super quick N and Z scale projects.  
These were fun, but took very little time (literally a couple hours each)
and really have no "me" in them, but I figured I'd share them with you anyway.

So without further ado (and in no particular order)...


You probably recognize this kit 
(seems to be a popular one)
I have not furnished or "landscaped" the inside yet
except for a lonely little potting bench. 




This little kitchen room box was my 1st attempt at starting with nothing.
I made the box from balsa wood (I wouldn't do that again, it's way to soft)
I printed the wall paper, flooring and pictures.

I still need to learn how to accessorize in 1:144, it's tough!



This is 1 of the 2 N scale models I made.



The only real personalizing I did was adding the flowers on the windows
and redoing the shop on the 1st level, the graphics that came with it were horrendous! 

Since I couldn't get it to photograph inside, I took out the shop (below) 
so you will just have to imagine peering in 
through the ground floor windows at this shop.
(see 1st picture of this project)


Below is the other N scale model




This itty bitty book was a kit from Robin Betterley
Given my love of books and mini books, I just had to buy one!



This was the 1st 1:144 I ever did, O' the mistakes I can see, 
luckily with practice comes more proficiency :)







This little library room box was a kit, 
I did put it together sorta 'inside out' (by choice) and I love
the box, the 'book' wall and the bookshelves, I'm a bit
disappointed with the chair I made, but again...I'm learning.




This tiny swing was also a kit.

For someone with nary a green speck anywhere close to my thumb, 
I so enjoy landscaping in miniature....maybe it's the lack of worms




Saving the tiniest for last (by accident :)
This was a Z (1:220) scale model I did, and scarily I loved 
it more than the N scale ones.  If I were to ever do another train model building 
again it would be in Z scale and I'd do a few modifications.


Well there you have the 'other' projects I've been working on since mid December
hope you enjoyed, and check back soon as I 
have recently acquired a new tool that is going to change
my micro scale work for the better.

Can't wait to learn how to use it and then share the results with you.






2 comments: