Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 54: My Trunk Project is finished!

I'm not sure what has gotten into me, but I've just finished a project that I started about 2 years ago.  In fact, I haven't even worked on this project for about 8-10 months.  What was my obstacle?  Either my irrational fear of creating bedding, or my missing inspiration for the bedding.  Either way, just like always seems to happen to me, all of a sudden the light bulb came on 2 days ago, actually I all of a sudden had the urge to work on 2 projects that have been on the back burner, the Trunk and George & Annabelle's house, and in the past 2 days, I have made incredible strides in both, but today I'm just going to share the trunk, since it's done!!!!
Here is the trunk the day I purchased it.  
The best part, I decided randomly one day that I wanted to do a project in a trunk, so a few days later I popped into a little store in Minneapolis that I like, I can't recall the name, but it has just the most eclectic random stuff in it, and in the basement was this trunk...best part, it was marked 'sale' and was originally $22, marked down to $10...SCORE!!!

The inside was less than attractive!
So I gutted it!

Then I cut a window opening

Here's the window, obviously pre-painted.

Then I primed the walls, I just felt it needed a better base, and this sealed off any 
thing that was left behind...it also got rid of that old musty trunk smell. 

I then used scrapbook paper to wallpaper the walls and ceiling, 
I trimmed it in ribbons and I cut a floor tile piece for the floor.

I should have mentioned that when I scored this on sale, I decided to make this project a completely "thrift" project, for me this meant I was going to spend VERY little on it. 

The outside complete.
If I hadn't just told you that, would you have known?  :)
Here is the bed which took me the longest to do.  
All of the furniture was made via House of Miniatures kits
that I bought in an ebay lot..I think I paid roughly $5 each
this is important only because it fit the 'budget' :)

Nightstands



This dresser was the 1st kit I ever put together from House of Miniatures.  
I wish I would have tried 1 years ago, because I'm now addicted to them.

All in All, I think I spend under $50 for this project...a 'thrift' in my book :)





1 comment:

  1. Great work...the trunk is very detailed! I too have a house of miniatures kit that I haven't assembled...xx

    ReplyDelete