Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 44: Lisa's Little Things Pie Boxes Kit Review

The glue isn't even dry, and I can't wait to share with you how wonderful this (and I'm assuming the other 3 kits) from Lisa's Little Things are!!!

As in normal writing (and speaking) for me, I must digress....As much as I'm a kit lover, I'm also one of those people that loves to make things completely on my own, so A) I can feel more proud of them and 2) so I can have them exactly how I want them. Recently there was a huge discussion in one of my online groups about people using the phrase "I can do that" and although I think it's beyond bad manners and just completely rude to EVER say that in front of an Artist or Craftsperson, I admit, I'm one of those people that MANY times will admire and get inspiration from others things and then create my own.  I'm absolutely obsessed with google images for this reason.  One of my talents is using my computer (is that really a talent?) and for this reason I'm taking a 2 day course this month so I can better use my photoshop (now that I've taken that plunge) ANYWAY, so purchasing a kit that's something of a paper nature is NOT something I would normally do.  So while I was in Chicago at the big show, I  found these kits by Lisa's Little Things, and I think at the time I felt I was having a moment of weakness, and well quite frankly the little pie boxes were just a great idea for my coffee shop's display case that I hadn't though of, so I grabbed them.  And since I already had some ideas for my coffee bags (which I designed, printed and put together earlier this week...see, I usually work from scratch) she also had some adorable tea boxes and then a little display case....bam...purchased.

So today I decided to take a peak at what's actually in the baggy....now mind you, I was expecting a couple of color copied pieces of paper where everything would have to be cut out by me...
but here is what I found.... 
Looks fairly basic, but what you can't understand by looking at this picture is the amazing quality of the paper of the boxes, and how they are die cutted (I'm assuming anyway), and how easy they go together.  Yes the labels have to be cut out, but quite frankly that was easy and I don't think there would be a way to put them in the kit safely if they were pre-cut.

Here are all 4 boxes in different stages of put togetherness.  (The pie was not included, luckily I had a couple pies already baked, or I'd probably be baking now instead of sharing my excitement.  

Since I've already confessed so much, I may as well come completely clean, when I got the 1st box all together, I contemplated not using the labels that came with the kit, and making my own, so they could have the coffee shop logo on them, but then I made an execute decision that our pies would be purchased from Whittard's (the name on the box).....because as much as I would love to spend the next 2 hours designing and printing custom labels for pie boxes, I honestly DON'T think I could do as good of a job as Lisa already has!

Here's a sneak peak into another project I'm working on today 
Curious?????


No comments:

Post a Comment