Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 8: My mind was a clatter...so I sprung out of bed to quick update my blog

I slept almost 8 hours last night!  thats right folks, in 1 sleeping!  That's like 2 typical nights put together lately.  I guess that Codone junk my daughter got when her wisdom teeth were removed last year works....I know I know, but it worked :)
 
Well I did just spring out of bed, because Casey's plane lands in like 10 minutes (I'm typing and make mistake quicker that you can possible imagine) and I have to go get him and then who knows what will happen with my day.  So, I figured I better get something written.
So this will be short and hopefully sweet....like candy apple sweet.

I made my 1st attempt at green apples yesterday.....well I was intending to make carnmel coated apples.  I couldn't find the tutorial that I had seen ( I know it's here somewhere, I was just being antsy and lazy).  Anyway the apples I think turned out ok, but the "carmel" slid off the apples when bakeds...so I guess I will have to find the tutorial to figure out what I did wrong.

These apples are unbaked :)

 I started yesterday in clay to make some candles.  This was my maiden voyage for candles as well.  I'm not 100% sure I like my efforts, but there is a potential. 
The ones on the left are partially burnt candles, I think on a little tray in my room box they may work.  The ones with the white tops are 'new' candles.  I do believe I will have candles for sale in my new project which officially started yesterday.  Are you as excited as I am?  Heck you don't even know what it is and you've now seen something for it :)
 
Speaking of the new project, I had I N S P I R A T I O N at midnight last night, cause that's about the time if usually strikes me (actually sometime in the time frame 10pm to 2am is the window of norm for me).  Anyway, I got on my idea straight away and only allowed 1 hour for it....cause I just needed a long nights sleep, well my body did :)
 
So you know about the books and magazines.  Last night it struck me...wait for it....Paper dolls.  So I........well heck, I guess you will have to ..wait for it.... he just text messaged, he's landed, don't get me wrong its a great thing, he's been gone for a few days and I miss him, but I so wanna tell you about my paper doll inspiration. They are REALLY cool! and I'm not talking just the outsides or a page, I'm talking the full colored book! Well if I don't get back to telling you today, I guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment